I have lost my Original Windows DVD, how can I get an official replacement?
Microsoft provides official ISO images for downloading.
I have lost my Original Windows 8 DVD, how can I get an official replacement?
Please follow official Microsoft guide:
How do I include SATA-AHCI driver into Windows XP installation CD?
- Download and install freeware Tool nLite from http://nliteos.com/
- Download AHCI drivers for your model from our download sectio http://roda-computer.com/service-support/downloads/ and unzip it to any folder of your choice, make sure you remember the location.
- Have your original Windows XP Setup CD ready
Create a temporary folder, for example C:\CD-Images (Figure 1)
Copy the content of your original Windows XP CD to a sub-folder inside your temp directory, for example C:\ CD-Images\XP (Figure 2 & 3)
Start nLite and choose the language of your original Windows XP CD. We choose English in this example (Figure 4). Klick Next.
Select the folder where you copied the content of your original Windows XP CD. C:\CD-Images\XP in our example. (Figure 5)
Just skip this screen by click on Next. (Figure 6)
If you have any previous sessions store, you might want to untick the checkbox.
Select the buttons "Drivers" and "Bootable ISO" (Figure 7)
Select "Import" and point to the folder where you have unzipped the AHCI driver. Point to the iaAHCI.inf and klick Open. (Figure 8 & 9)
Slect "Textmode Driver " and choose "Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller" (Figure 10) Than klick OK.
Enter a name of your choice into the "Label" field and Klick on "Make-ISO" (Figure 11). Give it a name of your choice and remember the folder where you store it. (Figure 12)
Us a Burning application of your choice and burn the ISO fil onto a CD-ROM. If you don't have one. You can use Freeware tool CDBurnerXP http://cdburnerxp.se/
Use your patched CD to install Windows XP to your Rocky Notebook as you would do usually. After you get the Windows Desktop, use the driver DVD that came with the Rocky and enable the "One-Klick-Installer".
Time to get another Coffee and let the Software do the work.
What Floppy drive can use to load AHCI driver for WinXP?
There are only a few drives available on the Windows XP installation CD.
According to the Microsoft Knowledge Base entry KB916196 these are the following PnP IDs:
Y-E Data; Sony-Teilenr. 09K9835
TEAC; IBM-Teilenr. 27L4226, FRU 05K9283
Any other drive can not work.
Recommended Power Settings for Windows 7
By default, Win7 does not allow the CPU to step down when using an external power supply.
The advantage of stepping down is not only that the CPU has a lower power consumption but that the computer case does not heat up so much and stays cool.
To allow CPU step down you do the following:
- Open the control panel and click on "Hardware and Sound".
- Go to "Power Options" and click on "Change battery settings".
- After that click for the selected power plan on "Change plan settings".
- Go further to "Change advances power settings".
- In the just opened window "Power Options", you are able to set the minimum processor state in percent under "Processor power management" > "Minimum processor state" > "Plugged in". It's recommended to use the same settings as for battery usage.
Besides the settings for CPU step down you can change the wake timers for the standby modes. The advantage is, that applications are able to wake up the system automatically from standby mode.
To enable the wake timers you follow the points 1 to 4. After that the wake timers can be enabled under "Sleep" > "Allow wake timers".
- roda_pwrscheme_advanced.pow12.0 K
How to create a roda USB-Update Key on Windows 7
At the moment a few software componentes that are needed to create a bootable USB-Key are only availabel without Windows 7 support.
On the Windows 7 Editions Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate you can use XP-Mode instead. On all roda products that are shiped with Windows 7, the XP-Mode is already pre-installed.
If your Windows installations does not contain the XP-Mode, Microsoft provides a manual, how to install it >here<.
The file for creating the roda-Update Key has to be accassable in XP-Mode.
The easiest way to do that, is copy the file to the XP-Mode Desktop. Now the target USB-Key has to be mounted to the XP-Mode, via the Menu "USB".
All other steps are same like on Windows XP, just follow the Update-Key manual.
Is there a way to calibrate the connected extended Touch-Monitor to a extended Desktop?
Yes, if the connected Touch-Monitor is used by one driversoftware like the UPDD driver.
As example, the DK8 has allready installed the UPDD driver for the buildin touch.
If an USB-Touch will be connected and installed, it will be added automatically in the UPDD Console. Continue with point 5., otherwise it must be added manually like a serial touch.
1. Start UPDD Console under Start | UPDD | Settings
2. Press "Add a new device" Button, will be found in Hardware
3. Chosse controller type
4. Choose serial port and press "OK"
5. To calibrate both monitors click with right mouse button on the UPDD symbol and choose "Calibrate All" under "Calibrate"
6. Follow the instructions on monitor to calibrate both.